A pairing for our Terre di Marca Pinot Grigio. Recipe credit @eddmifflin
Because our greenhouse is groaning with tomatoes, and we can't be slaving over a hot stove during a heatwave. This light, summery dish pairs deliciously with a glass of our crisp and fresh Pinot Grigio.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 400gcherry tomatoes, halved
- halfcucumber, thinly sliced
- onestale loaf of bread (ideally ciabatta) ripped into pieces
- one canbutter beans, drained
- 2 tbsppink pickled onions (you can make these by slicing half a red onion thinly and mixing with 2 tsps' vinegar)
- handfulbasil leaves
- 8 tbspolive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tspwhole grain mustard
- 1 clovegarlic, crushed
Mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard and garlic together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the tomatoes, beans, cucumber, bread, pickled onions and stir.
Garnish with basil and serve with a generous glass of Pinot Grigio.